The Chapter maintains current editions of books required for study to pass the three certification examinations, CPP, PSI, and PSP, as well as for topics of general interest to the field. Books for each of the exams are listed below. They are available free of charge to chapter members, who can take them out for one month periods.
Membership Lending Library
Each chapter of the Guide addresses a specific issue or topic that can be translated into elements of a successful Workplace Violence Prevention Program. In order to facilitate implementation or enhance/audit your program, the Guide also includes numerous implementation checklists, reference documents from agencies and case studies, response protocols, model codes, sample reporting forms, and professional organizations.
Overview of Issues:
· Assessing the preparedness of your workplace
· Assessing your risks and your liability
· Creating a Workplace Violence Prevention Program
· Step-by-step guidance on incorporating violence prevention into workplace routines
· Training your employees
· Handling layoffs, downsizing, and performance problems
· Evaluating premises security
· Responding to violent events
· Dealing with special issues: domestic violence, sabotage, mailroom security, terrorism, bomb threats
· Fine-tuning for specific sectors: schools, campuses, retail outlets, healthcare facilities
Thanks to Specialty Technical Publishers for the images and descriptions
Workplace Violence Protection:
A Practical Guide
Contributing Editor: Jon F. Elliott, J.D.
The Chapter library also includes a detailed comprehensive publication on prevention of workplace violence published by Specialty Technical Publishers.